Friday, June 29, 2007

I Have Been Asked to Decide for Myself

Sarah and I have been given the weekend to decide whether we want to stay or go. They've offered for me to stay but they haven't decided whether or not they will pay for us to relocate back to the States when we want to go back (probably about a year from now). If we leave now the government will pay for the relocation, but if we stay for another year or so either the company or us personally will have to foot the bill, which is at least 6 months worth of salary by my estimation. So I think our decision is made when the company tells us if they can afford to relocate us about a year from now. If they can commit to paying for the relocation we will probably stay, but if they cannot we'll have to head back to the States now. We should know enough by Monday or Tuesday to make the decision. Please pray that God would give us wisdom.

There's also some uncertainty as to how long the company will actually be able to stay in business. We have work to do for next couple months, but there are no sure things beyond that right now, even though things apparently look good. So if we do end up staying on, it could possibly only be for another couple of months.

Here's most of the team I've spent the past year and a half working with:

GCA Team Technical Difficulties

GCA Team Silly

GCA Team Serious

GCA Team

I'd like to wish everyone the best for the future! You've been a great lot of people to work with, and I'll definitely miss those of you who've had to leave.

No comments: