Friday, June 22, 2007

The Bitterness of Defeat

I'm not really bitter at all. I think our offering should have won, but then of course it was our offering. Our opinion is that the benefits of the competition's offering which won it the contract may disappear once the project starts to run its course. So there is some disappointment, but I ain't got no guile for nobody.

The plan is for our company to get more work. If they are able to we will stick around until we want to leave of our own accord. If not, well then "she'll be comin' 'round the mountain when she comes."

Alex is getting pretty talkative these days. Here's a little excerpt of my very own "Dookey Song" and Lex's response.



I grew up in the Cooper household telling of my need to pass a bowel movement by announcing that "I need to go dookey." Sarah grew up calling bowel movements "BMs" and never announced them to anyone. While Sarah is about as far from pretentious as you can get, she does not like the word dookey. I think it's hilarious. I'm afraid banal humor goes a long way with me. I've never laughed harder in my life than at the scene in "Moonlight in Escanaba." If you have ever seen it, you know the one of which I speak. But I digress. Actually, my original story was not really going anywhere anyway. I can wrap it up pretty well by saying that I can really get Sarah's goat by talking with Alex at great lengths about his going dookey in his diaper. Hence the dookey song in that video.

No comments: