Friday, November 10, 2006

A little crispy!

Well I (Sarah) have a little story to tell that I thought was rather humorous. You know how we all say, pride cometh before a fall, well...
We were all getting off the boat at the end of our Barrier Reef tour and I was noticing a lot of people who were really burnt. I casually commented to mom C how glad I was that we had put sunscreen on and weren't burnt like many others. When we all got back to our hotel room and had showered off the sea salt we noticed that we too were burnt! So much for the 'glad we put sunscreen on, haha'. Brian's back was completely red. Mom and I forgot to put sunscreen on our derrieres (or as I like to spell it: dairyairs) (you know you're butt up when snorkeling) and on I got burnt on the little parts where my bathing suit sunk past my tan line on my shoulders and back. Oh yeah, and mom and I's calves were burnt. Dad C got burnt on his chest and back - how he did that we don't know.

So we were red all over! Goes to prove the whole ozone hole is over Australia business and that you can never put too much sunscreen on. Brian had me put aloe vera on him every 6-8 hours! for the first couple days. Well Brian and I are now recovered - most of our burns having turned to tan. I won't probably hold it long though - knowing me I'll still be white for Christmas when we arrive. :)

1 comment:

Dan Cooper said...

A white Christmas is always nice in this part of the world. You will fit right in!
Love, Dad C