Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Friday and Saturday, November 3-4: Cape Tribulation and Hartley's Crocodile Farm

Mom and Dad left us in Cairns early on Friday morning. It was very sad to see them go. We've missed our friends and family a lot, and to have my parents here was incredible. Thankfully we've only got about seven weeks until we head home for Christmas.

On Friday afternoon Sarah and I drive up to Cape Tribulation. It's a beautiful spot about an hour and a half north of Port Douglas. The paved road ends just past the cape. The road past there is gravel and steadily gets worse until it becomes four wheel drive only.

Here is Sarah reading on Myall beach just south of the cape.

Sarah overlooking the bay just north of the cape.

On Saturday I decided that we should check out Hartley's Crocodile Farm, and we're glad I did. It was real sweet. There were big crocs everywhere. I could hardly contain myself. Sarah had to hold me back because I was constantly trying to jump into the water and start wrestling those babies.


This dude is my hero. He got in the cage with that croc and just took his boots off. He said if the croc got his leg those boots wouldn't do him a whole lot of good anyway. He then proceeded to show us the croc's death roll and prey shake maneuvers. This man was fast. He held a little fish right above the croc's head. Only when the monster had lept and its jaws were about to snap shut (with the sound of an elephant gun) did he let go and pull his arm away. He was the real deal.

No comments: