Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Biking with Anthony and Gemma


On Sunday morning Sarah kicked me out of the house, so it was a good thing our friends from church had invited me to go cross country riding with them. Just kidding, that's not really how it went down. Sarah was feeling too ill to come, but she told me to go anyway.

We drove northeast about an hour to get to a track that had been built a few years ago through a pine forest. We rode three circuits of the pink track, which is apparently the more difficult of the two available (the other was blue). It was great. There wasn't a whole lot of elevation change (just over 100 ft) so none of the uphills were too long or arduous. Some parts were pretty technical, but I think I held my own. I flopped over a couple times, and flew superman style over the handlebars once. Thankfully some nice soft grass and pineneedles awaited my super self. Gemma did not get off so easy on her fall; she stalled on top of a pile of logs and tipped into the bracken, where she obtained a nasty diagonal gash down the front of her thigh.



1 comment:

megan said...

hey man, I want to check out this trail sometime. what's it called?