Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My Birthday!

God bless South Australia for having the day off for having the Adelaide Cup as a holiday! Why?? Because that meant that Brian and I got to celebrate my birthday by spending the whole day (well day before) together. It was an awesome day. First off we slept in - well Brian did. I usually don't get up that early since I sleep better after 7am. We decided to go the National Wine Center, which we have always liked the look of but have never gone in. The outside structure resembles Noah's Ark a bit. Since it's Fringe07 is this month the center was having a photography/art display. It was an interesting assortment of amateur work. The wine center was pretty cool and a very chic set-up. We headed over to Rundle (main shopping street through the center of town) and got some lunch. It was a nice time to talk, just the two of us. We headed across the street to see what Fringe events were on, but nothing too exciting so we headed home.
We had been out for several hours by now, so I of course was due for a nap. After my nap I got to open my present! Brian got me a wonderful rice cooker, which also allows you to steam vegetables on the top. It is beautiful. I also got a Curry recipe book and one of Agatha Christie's books made into a movie - one of the Poirot series made in England.
That evening we went to dinner at Fortuna Court (Chinese)! It was great! I couldn't believe how much I ate. I did manage, somehow, to fit in some gellati afterwards. There is a beautiful gellati shop down the street (The Parade) from the restaurant and I could tell Brian really wanted to go there. :) We came home stuffed and watched the movie.

I've already used my rice cooker and tried out a curry recipe. It was great! I added a little too much cinnamon to the recipe since I forgot to get a cinnamon stick and just guessed how much ground cin. I should put in. But it was still good.

On my actual birthday cards arrived in the mail :) and friends from church called me! It was such a wonderful birthday and I feel so blessed. I thought I would just share it with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy belated b-day! glad your day was lovely. miss you! what kind of rice cooker was it? I keep looking at them but can't make up my mind.

Dan and Sara Martin said...

Hey, whose birthday is March 13. Mine is March 14.
Are you telling me the baby's due date is March 15. And Aunt Mary's birthday is March 16. Just to get the story straight. That's all.