Sunday, March 04, 2007

The List

I find this rather humorous, but then again you may not. Yes I have been anxious for the baby to come, but I don't tend to worry about the pain of childbirth. I've been thinking about the things I can do again once my body has started to recover from pregnancy & childbirth. So I thought I would make you a little list. :)

First, things I can do that I think are still pretty amazing being 39wks pregnant:
1. Lift my leg over the bathroom sink so I can wash my feet at night. Brian often washes my feet for me but I still think it's pretty cool to do it myself.
2. Ok, well maybe that's it.

Things I can't do but soon will be able to:
1. Sleep on my tummy & with only 1 pillow
2. Wear socks & shoes
3. Brush my teeth without puking and/or stuffing a cracker in my mouth immediately afterwards
4. Brush my tongue
5. Fit into my clothes - thanks to my mom I still have 2 shirts that actually cover my belly (US sizes are bigger than Aussie sizes)!
6. Go for a run/bike ride/roller blade with my husband
7. Go for a walk and not lose sight of my husband - I'm obviously the slow one
8. Crouch down and look under the couch when cleaning!
9. See my feet!
10. Desire to cook & enjoy my food

Ok, so I could probably go on & on. Sometimes I think it's rather hilarious that people say 'hey you look smaller in that shirt'. Why...because it is the only one that actually completely covers my belly! When I'm on the beach people wonder who let that woman out and why is she in a bathing suit - I get plenty of stares. I love the beach & the water for an obvious reason - buoyancy.
So I much more of a waddler these days. Brian often finds himself stopping and looking back only to realize that I'm still 5 -10steps behind him. So he waits for me & then starts all over again, as it is impossible for anyone to walk as slow as me! It used to be me slowing down for him!

Well the weather has been a lot cooler, so I've lost about 2lbs (all due to swelling I'm sure). We went to the beach last week Thursday and enjoyed the cool water and beautiful sunset. Adelaide has been pretty busy since we just finished the Clipsal500 annual car race which takes up most of the Eastern suburbs/park lands. It's nice not to hear a constant wurring sound from the cars racing around the track. Brian and I parked near the course yesterday afternoon and got to see one of the airshows. Brian took some great photos - which are on his flickr site. The Fringe is on now - which is a great mix of arts & music during March. Lots of people in the city! Hopefully we can partake in some of the events.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you've still got your sense of humor! good for you. and you're right: labor is just a means to an end. you can do it! prayong for you!

Anonymous said...

Bri:
You are doing a GREAT job as a photographer. I am impressed by your photo galary, flicker or whatever its name is. I love the flower pictures, and especially the many poses of Sarah (my baby girl).

Grandpa J was a photo nut, too, and passed that on to Uncle Steve. You should show him a sampling when you get back to Michigan.

Hopefully, you will be able to keep this up for all of your kids, once the 1st-born excitement is past.

Love,
Dad J