Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Space Race

My advice: let them take the parking space. If you accidentally cut them off and pull in, pull back out immediately and wave them in. Otherwise you may have an incident like we did a few months back.

Sarah and I were returning to our apartment complex from running some errands one day in Arlington. As I was pulling into an especially enviable spot near the front door of the complex I noticed a big white SUV out of the corner of my eye, and realized that they had been going for the same spot. I started to get out of the car to go see if they wanted the spot and apologize if I had stolen it from them, but I only caught a glance of two rather angry looking women as they pulled away. Sarah and I went inside and checked our mail, and then went back outside because Sarah had a bad feeling. Now the evidence is purely circumstantial, but when we got back out to the car our bumper had been rammed by another vehicle. That ended up costing us $300 for the deductible. While our car was being fixed I accidentally rear ended another vehicle with the rental. That didn't end up costing us anything, but it was still just a real bad saga. So don't be greedy with those parking spaces, because there's a whole lot of bad things waiting to happen to those who are.

No comments: