Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Word Combinations

I'm a big fan of combining certain words. Sometimes it's pretty quirky. Sometimes a person will use a combo that hit's me just right and I'll start laughing while they glance at me with a furrowed brow and a worried frown. Other times I'll read the words in a book. A couple weeks ago I was reading Alex a book called "That's Not My Truck." For those of you without small children, this book is one out of a series of books with different themes in which a mouse inspects a lineup of items, rejecting each one of them in turn due to some nefarious trait which rules it out from being his. At the end of each book the mouse finds his item. As we turned to the last page of "That's Not My Truck" I read this: "That's my truck! It's tipper is so ridgy!" It was love at first sight: "ridgy tipper." I've been saying "ridgy tipper" at appropriate moments throughout each day ever since. Ridgy tipper.

Another favorite combination of late has been "chunky lumps" or "lumpy chunks." "Black deuce," "pink lady," and "slack jawed lackey" have also all played a part in the development of my laugh lines. "Like butter on a bald monkey" used to amuse my troubled mind without end.