Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Singlets

When we toured the labor ward they showed us all the items they provide during your stay in the hospital. One item in particular we found rather odd and humorous. Singlets - Aussie baby's don't wear onezies, they wear singlets. If an adult male was wearing one I would call it a 'wife beater'. They do in fact sell onezies here, but aren't as common. I guess it keeps the baby cool and gives faster access to the nappy (aka diaper).


Here are some pics of singlets & bibs the girls hand painted at my baby shower!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute. but i can send you some onesies from the states. please don't put your kid in wife-beaters! :-)

The Coopers said...

Well I will have to show off the Aussie artwork that my friends did but we do have plenty of onesies as well. No need to worry :)

Anonymous said...

...makes me want to paint my tank tops! I think that's a cute idea; that kid's gonna look snazzy! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulation to you Brian and Sarah. I pray that the baby will be good to you and allow you plenty of sleep. You are going to have a American boy with an Australian accent :)

Many blessings mate!!

George Yew

The Coopers said...

Thanks George!