Monday, February 12, 2007

Goodbye Picnic for the Baloghs and Tos

Last month our friends Nandor and Annie Balogh and Tim and Naomi To left us. Nandor and Annie moved directly to Darwin so that Annie could complete part of her medical training there. They'll be back in six months. Tim and Naomi left to travel the world for three months before moving to Darwin for nine months. It was very sad to see them go, especially since they were the two couples we had gotten closest to here. We had a farewell picnic for them in the Adelaide Botanic Park.

Here's the Bromans picnicking like professionals. Craig is the pastor of the 5 pm service that Sarah and I go to.

Nandor demonstrating his fantastic frisbee throwing style. Hoi is demonstrating how to peek out from behind someone else in a photograph.

The Bromans again - Craig, Jonathan, Myrle and Meredith.

Naomi To is on the right, trying hard not to like she's being photographed.

The handsome Nandor and lovely Annie.

Our friend Chris Back. If you're a God-fearing blog reader make sure to pray that God will heal Chris. He has a brain tumor that's not far from taking his life. He's a true inspiration, I wish you could all know him.

3 comments:

Goldy said...

Hey there.
Nice pics. I have to ask though, was it a type & you wrote "Chris Beck" instead of "Christ Back", because I know a Chris Back with a brain tumor that I have been praying for. His dad has lectured a fair bit at my Bible College!
Is your Chris a surgeon?

The Coopers said...

It was indeed - it's now fixed. Thanks for the catch. I'm sure he's the same guy, he is a surgeon.

Goldy said...

There you go! A small world!
Oh, the irony that as I re-read my comment, I had two different spelling mistakes of my own. I am so ashamed!