Monday, August 21, 2006

In Anticipation

So the first trimester is almost over! I can't wait for the next two weeks to pass and see if my body starts to like itself again. :) This morning (well really afternoon) I was smiling at my success of not throwing up for the second day in a row! I thought I have overcome it, I will not throw up every morning after I brush my teeth! Oh but I was wrong, as I moved slowly into the kitchen across from the bathroom to check on my sweet potato (my new fav food) it happened...all over the kitchen rug and again and then in the laundry sink.
Sorry for those of you who were eating or just get grossed out by those sorts of things. Tomorrow is a new day and I shall see if I can overcome this force once again. So far my sweet potato is tasting pretty good. It's better than eating a bread roll or some other bread item, which has been my main diet for the last 1 1/2 mths. I am not complaining. I am rejoicing that an end to 1st trimester may bring happy feelings and an appetite!!
Well my new VISA finally came through last week and now I can work :) So I start looking for a job here in a few weeks. Hmmm...I miss you all very very much and I can't wait to come home for Christmas.
Sarah

1 comment:

Dan Cooper said...

I am not your brother, but I am your father-in-law, which is probably not as good but is pretty sweet nonetheless.

You poor girl! I am glad you could still eat your sweet potato after losing whatever else was in your stomach. Sweet spuds are one of my favorites, too. I remember having a baked one at a steak place in Phoenix with Uncle Mike DV. Nice and hot with some cinnamon butter melted into it. Mmmmmm...

We keep praying that you will feel better soon and be able to properly feed yourself and the wee one within.

Love you! Dad C.