Friday, April 28, 2006

Sorrow

Our friend from birth, Laura VanRyn, was involved in a serious car accident Wednesday night. Many of you from MI may have heard about the accident involving students from Taylor University. Laura was one of the students that was thrown from the car and the only one to survive. I found out minutes after it happened because I happened to be talking with Bri's parents when they got the phone call from the VanRyn's. It is such a shock and I can't believe this is all happening. I just want to fly home and be there with her. I know that many of you have gone to visit her and are praying for her and her family.

She has gone through 2 surgeries and is currently in a coma. They are waiting for her to wake and to see if there is any brain damage. My parents went to go see her on Thursday. I can't seem to keep the tears back whenever I think about her. It's hard to go out and enjoy life when I know that she is lying in the hospital and we are all just praying for her to wake up.
I know that God has everything under control, but it is hard not to worry. It's just hard to accept that this has happened to such a beautiful godly woman who has so much ahead of her. We trust and pray that God will heal her body and restore her to her family and friends.

No comments: