Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Graduate School

I (Sarah) just found out this morning that I've been excepted into grad school at University of South Australia!! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do it, since the program is only 1 1/2 yrs and half the cost of grad school in the USA. Pray that we would make the right decision and that I would be able to get into my classes as they are filling up right now!
I will be doing a Masters of Conflict Management within the School of Social Work and focusing on immigration/refugee issues!! I am really excited!
Also really cool, a few families have just moved over here from Bath, Maine and I know at least one of them are Christians! They have 5 children and have been homeschooling them. I went around furniture shopping with them today and had a lot of fun.
I start my volunteer position (still can't work under my bridging VISA) at the Aboriginal Legal Rights Movement Inc. this Thursday. I will be doing paperwork and helping do some case studies in the financial counseling department. I am really excited to learn about the aboriginal community here because there are similarities between them and Native Americans (though I do believe here they are worse off).
We miss you all so much and can't to see you over Christmas time. We will have pictures of the house up soon. It's still a little bit of a mess and we don't have all the pictures hung up and have a few furniture items to get (hallway table, end table).
Love,
Sarah

No comments: