Tuesday, June 06, 2006

24 and 666

Today is the much hyped date 6/6/6. It really is no such thing, but people love crazy numbers. They'll twist the facts any which way they like as long as a pretty number comes out. I would refer to today as 06/06/2006. Not really all that exciting, I'm afraid.

It is D-day, the anniversary of the day the troops landed at Normandy. It's also my birthday. I suppose some would like to believe that I am pretty likely to be the antichrist because of this. Not so. I am already ruled out on account of the blood of the Lamb.

24. Twenty four. Two times twelve. Four times six. Three times eight, too. 4.8989794855663561963945681494118 squared. I'm 96% of the way to 25.

Sarah made me some eggs, bacon, and pancakes this morning. What a great woman!

We're gonna miss Laura. She's been a great friend, and we're excited to see her again. We wish we were with the crew (FHBC, UPBC, GR, MI, TU) right now, to mourn within the community.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy day Coop...you have arrived!!!

Hope the rest of the day is as good as your breakfast lol
Mel and Jon

Dan Cooper said...

Doesn't get much better than eggs, bacon and pancakes for your birthday breakfast.

You are now half my age. You forgot to mention that 24 is the square root of 576, and that 576 years ago (1430) the Ottoman Empire captured Thessalonica from the Venetians.

Love, Dad

Sue & Paul Johnston said...

Brian:
Happy birthday. Hope you and Sarah had a great day together. Wish we could be with you both.

Hope your work levels out in the near future.

Love, Dad J