Monday, May 29, 2006

Makes a Long Time Man Feel Bad

A couple weeks ago I emailed the movers to see if they had an estimate on when our shipment would arrive. They replied with an estimated date of arrival between May 27 and May 30. Unfortunately I thought that this was an estimate of when the movers would be able to deliver the shipment to our new rental house. But no, when I called yesterday they informed me that their estimate was the date that the ship our things were on would arrive in Sydney. So now the ship is in, but our stuff has to go through customs and be trucked over to Adelaide, and then be delivered to us. All this will probably take at least two more weeks. I had told Sarah that our things would be here on May 30, so it was pretty heartbreaking to tell her that any seating besides the floor and some wooden chairs was still two weeks away instead of one day away.

2 comments:

Dan Cooper said...

Sorry to hear about the delay :-(
I pray that your things will clear customs and arrive in Adelaide ASAP! Have you thought about plastic deck chairs in the interim?
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

hi