Friday, May 12, 2006

A little update

So I (Sarah) do not tend to post a whole lot, even though I am doing absolutely nothing. I guess I've never been very good with these online journal thingies. Well so far I have loved living in Adelaide and have met a lot of wonderful people. God has truly blessed with such a wonderful church family, small group and American friends from Gibbs. Today I've been packing up the apartment so we can move into our house! :)

Brian has been great about encouraging me and pushing me to follow through on tasks. I have ups and downs. Probably every week - week & half I end up crying a lot because I miss home. I seem to be handling it better since the last month. WE have now been here for 2 months! Time flies by.
I was good about working out for about one week. This last week I biked a lot while looking at furniture retailers on Mon & Tues, but that didn't seem to continue the rest of the week. It has been exciting to have something to be preocupied with because most of the time I try to find stuff to do without spending money. In fact I was in such need of a goal/objective that I made a goal to complete every normal wordsearch in my gigantic book and I DID IT!!! I finished a week ago, but still have 1/3 of abnormal wordsearches to go...I think I'm gonna take a break. I will put a picture up soon 'cause you wouldn't believe how big this thing is - only $6 at Schulers!

I have learned a bunch of new recipes and have become more confident in my cooking skills. I am finally realising that I need to plan out the menu for the week otherwise I always end up with half of the ingredients to 10 different recipies and become extremely frustrated with making dinner.
New found love, homemade pizza and the pizza dough is so easy to make! Also, they have a market that is open four days a week all year round! It helps save big time on the grocery bill and you get fresh produce, meat and bread! The only danger is when I enter a cooking store ! watch out I love gadgets!!! I have made a rule for myself - I am only allowed to buy what is on my list (meaning what I intended on BEFORE I entered the store).

Oh and one more thing. I know this is long, but it makes up for the all the weeks I have written...right? I talked with a professor from Uni of South Australia last week and am pumped about their Masters of Conflict Management in the School of Social Work and Social Policy! It's so cool and I need to go next week to the international office. The prof wants me to start mid-semester which means I would be starting classes in July! We'll see what God has planned 'cause a lot has to do with my VISA. The major thing with this is that I can aim my Masters toward Immigration studies/International Relations... my dream!!

Love you all and miss you. Always know Laura you are in my prayers. May you wake up soon.

Sarah

1 comment:

megan said...

Sarah. good work with the pizza. I myself love a good pizza dough.