Saturday, January 31, 2009

Too cute to be good

Alex has been interested in the potty for the last couple months and I am more than happy to encourage this interest. A couple days ago he sat on his potty and announced to me the various adventures he was having with the potty while I was cooking dinner (there is a half bath just off the kitchen). Alex knows that he is not allowed to be in the bathroom alone with the door shut so he quite often makes a game of closing and opening the door just to see what I will do. I thought today was one of those days and was quite easily distracted with making dinner, so Alex would close the door and then I would go open the door and he would close the door... you see how this was progressing. I was finally at a pause in the cooking so I dragged Alex out of the bathroom and thought it rather cute that he had stuffed a few Kleenex in his potty (he's also big on having to wipe every time he's near the potty).

Sicko

When Brian came home I asked him to look in the bathroom at what Alex had done. Brian was not impressed. I did not understand why, until he pointed out the big chunk of wall paper missing! I then realized that Alex was being way too cute at the time to not have been involved in mischief.

I avoided mischief today. I relented and finally let Alex 'help' mommy wash the dishes. I made sure all things sharp were washed and put out of reach before I put him beside me. I was quite impressed with his minimal splashing. He loves bubbles in the bathtub so of course bubbles in the sink kept him fascinated well into dinner time without a fuss. Perhaps this will need to become a regular occurrence. :)

No comments: