Monday, November 03, 2008

A pa pa (a pumpkin)!


Fall is my (Sarah) favorite season. We've been enjoying the hayrides, pumpkins and the yummy food. Alex is an outdoors man - he is a boy after all. I have braved the cold days and bundled us up so that we can throw leaves, ride our truck super fast and visit the neighborhood dogs. I brave the cold so that when winter really hits I won't be such a wimp.

For Halloween I bought a small pumpkin for Alex and a big pumpkin for us. Brian did a wonderful job carving them in under 20 minutes since we were rushing to a 'spooky' dinner with our neighbors. Alex was a dragon (thanks to grandma) this year and took pride in yelling at the tricker-treaters if they dared come his way.

His favorite activites at the moment are, of course, taking the tops on & off the pumpkins and going on a good bug hunt. Now that we've freed the spider we held captive in a canning jar he goes outside in search of bugs under rocks and leaves. He can spend over 15 minutes poking things and shouting "bee!" even if he hasn't really found a bug.

I'll try to get Brian to get some pictures up soon but he's a busy man so I don't promise anything today.

No comments: