Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Godwin and Jeni's Wedding

Last Friday Sarah and I left little Lex behind with the 'rents and headed off to East Lansing for my friend Godwin's wedding. I met Godwin when I started at the University of Michigan. We were both new arrivals at Phi Alpha Kappa (the Dutch House), and I think I may have been somewhat influential in convincing him to become a pledge instead of just being a boarder. I quickly came to love Godwin as a dear friend and brother, and his love for life and lack of inhibitions always spurred me on to greater depths of outlandish behavior. His love for Christ coupled with his thorough thoughtfulness inspired me and left me wanting deeper things for my own friendship with God.

It was with intense joy that I reunited with Godwin after my return to the United States from Australia. Sarah and I had the privalege of meeting him and his lovely fiancee Jeni at the flapjack place in East Lansing. Their joy was a joy to behold.

More recently I met with Godwin in Grand Rapids to discuss the mysteries which soon be made known to him. Good times.

I was able to meet Godwin again at the flapjack place for lunch before the wedding along with several of his groomsmen. With barely constrained excitement and just less than embarrassing volume we shared the kind of advice that makes you turn red and feel very warm all over. Oh Godwin! The joy and the sorrow, the pain and the happiness which are yours will be deepened twofold now. It is good.

The wedding was beautiful, the bride and groom stunning, and the guests fascinating. All who wish can view the photographs I captured here. More are coming soon that are not there yet. Here is a small sample of the day:

Godwin and Jeni's Wedding

Godwin and Jeni's Wedding

Godwin and Jeni's Wedding

Godwin and Jeni's Wedding

Godwin and Jeni's Wedding

No comments: